As part of our elective clinical rotation, our students regularly visit local animal sheltering organizations to assist with medical and behavioral care of the animals at no charge to the organization. The students learn how to manage a population of small animals with unique needs, the shelters consult with experts in shelter medicine, and the animals get veterinary care that otherwise would be limited or impossible – it’s a win-win-win!
Some of the sheltering organizations we regularly partner with include:
- Alachua County Animal Services
- Bradford County Animal Control
- Gilchrist County Animal Services
- Levy County Animal Services
- Live Oak Animal Control
- Putnam County Animal Control
The Veterinary Community Outreach Program works closely with local animal adoption agencies, providing subsidized spay-neuter and minor surgical services as well as medical consultation for animals belonging to these organizations. We do not provide veterinary services of any kind to privately owned animals.
- Faithful Friends
- Plenty of Pitbulls
- Puppy Hill Farm Animal Rescue
- Second Chance Rescue and Rehoming
- Saving Terrific Animals Rescue (STAR)
- Williston Animal Group
We are not an adoption agency; please contact one of the organizations listed above if you are looking for a new pet.